Friday 18 January 2013

Broken Marionettes Q&A


Your name:
James Coburn.

Where are you from?
West Molesey, Surrey.

Name of band:
Broken Marionettes.

Who else is in your band?
Founding, me and Hedley Jackson. We haven't recorded as a duo for a while but we will be working together again very soon.

How would you describe yourselves?
Very enthusiastic and musically focused. I am also something of a perfectionist when it comes to recording, which is why it takes me quite a while to finish songs.

Who are your main influences musically?
Bob Dylan, Fionn Regan, Bon Iver, Nirvana (and many more).

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope for my music to heard by as many people as possible. I am not looking to make any money from selling my music, which is why I feel able to give it away for free online. If people hear my music, I feel successful. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Broken Marionettes first gig as a duo was certainly a highlight. More recently, however, I have been receiving a lot of positive comments for the latest single 'Slow Motion'. It was a song that happened accidentally so it’s been amazing to receive such good feedback for it.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Don't want to forget anything so far, it's all part of the learning process! 

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why?
I would choose 'Empty Streets', mainly because to me it feels like the most 'complete' song so far. The recording process felt very organic and I feel that is reflected in the song itself. 

Where can we listen to it?





Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
The only thing that is probably worth mentioning is that I'm currently working on our debut album which will be finished in the next couple of months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment