Monday 21 April 2014

Condition Oakland Q&A

Your name:
Daniel Campbell.

Where are you from?
Bloomsburg, PA, but the band is from Ashland, PA.

Name of band:
Condition Oakland.

Who else is in your band? 
Tyler Troutman is vocals and guitar, Billy Jusinski is on drums, Zack Houser is on keyboard, and myself play the bass and do backup vocals.

How would you describe yourselves?
We are a country hardcore folk punk band. It's really hard to explain. We are an acoustic driven band that plays country folk punk but with the mentality of a hardcore band.

Who are your main influences musically?
As a band I would say we are most influenced by Against Me!, Lucero, Alkaline Trio and Chuck Ragan. Our individual influences are very different and it shows when we write songs together.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'm honestly just happy playing shows every weekend and hanging out with my best friends, but it would be nice to be able to tour further and longer and play and a much larger scale.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I can't really just pick one, it's a tie for first place. In May of 2013 we played our first out of states show up in Montreal, Canada, at the Pouzza Fest with a ton of great bands, and that was incredible. The other is back in March of 2013 we got to open up for the Menzingers, and that was just an incredible wild show and I was just beyond excited to be apart of it.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I'm sure there are tons of moments I wish I could forget, but every bad moment has always been made up with a better moment. We could go play a show 100 miles away and only four kids come out to the show and we don't get paid, but then at the end of the night those four kids will all buy our merch and make sure we get home safely. So I can't say there is a moment I'd like to forget.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I think as a whole the song "I was an Anchor, I was a Safe Place" is the best song to truly represent our music. Tyler writes all the lyrics and all the guitar and he brought that song to practice and everyone just added their own special flare to it and I feel that song shows off whatever in the band is capable of doing with their instruments.

Where can we listen to it?




Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
We just released a new music video for "I was an Anchor, I was a Safe Place" not to long ago, and we're playing the Pouzza Fest in Montreal, Canada again this year in May, and I hope you enjoy the music and stay in touch. Thanks for Q&A!

1 comment:

  1. Always cool to see the guys in COHC getting some viral respect. They deserve so much more then they have. Do I dare call them Hometown Heroes? They give our scene a good name, to bad no one around here cares unless its hardcore or popular people in the band. Long live 570!

    ReplyDelete