Monday 1 July 2013

Steven Jackson Q&A

Your name: 
Steven Jackson.

Where are you from? 
Originally Loughborough, Leicstershire, England, I now live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
  
Who else is in your band: 
Just myself. Being a songwriter I have an idea of how to shape the songs, usually people are more than willing to help me realize that goal.

How would you describe yourself?  
I am a singer/songwriter

Who are your main influences musically?   
The Beatles, John Lennon, The Jam, Peter Gabriel, etc...Music that has a message and comes form the heart.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I like the idea of spreading the message,  I have something to say from the viewpoint of a middle-aged man whom has experienced a LOT. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Watching the birth of my son. It is life changing. Also seeing many loved ones pass away. These help to shape the person I am today. In terms of music having my music played on a regular basis on an Internet Radio Station, Splash Radio.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I have no regrets, I am grateful for the mistakes I have made, I wouldn't be the person I am today without making them. Even playing to an empty room (and that has happened) can be a learning experience. I never want to stop learning.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why: 
Can You Tell Me. Chris Duval on his radio show always states that this is his favourite of mine. So for that reason I pick it too.
I like the lyrics and the message to the song.
'Can You Tell Me' Music/Lyrics: Steven Jackson

Can you tell me what it is that is worth dieing for
Can you tell me why it is we have to go to war
Can you tell me why it is we pray to one above
Can you tell me why it is we hurt the ones we love.
I don't really have an answer to what I'm trying to say
These are thoughts stuck in my head that will not go away
But I resolve that I will not be led astray at all.

Can you tell me why we're bent on poisoning this world
Why we try to change the others who are different
Can you tell me as we make our way around the Sun
We think we're so important like we are the only ones.
I don't know what it is that I am trying to say
I just know that these are thoughts that will not go away
I get down on my knees and I start to pray to one above.

That this world can seem so horrible
That this world can seem so bad
That this world can make you happy
That this world can make you sad
But when you stop and think about it, is it really so bad at all.

Can you tell me how we measure a human life
Is it all we have to give and all we sacrifice
Can you tell me as we live our lives upon this world
Why so little makes sense why it is absurd.
I am sorry for all the bad things I've done in my life
I feel sorry for all the sad things all the pain and strife
I will really try to change and put it right, to put it right.

At the end of the day the Sun goes down upon us all
Are we the first to admit when we run and when we fall
At the end of the day when the colours fade to gray
As we slowly watch the people one by one they pass away.
Our tenure on this Earth is a temporary thing
Like two lives joined together by the passing of a ring
It's our indifference that surfaces that the years will surely bring
That makes me sad.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
My name is Steven Jackson, I am a Singer/Songwriter from Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
I have been writing songs for many years and I view the process as a Journey.
Songs are strange things, and in my case seem to perfectly catch a state of mind, or a series of thoughts, much like a photograph.
These are songs written about life as I see it, as simple or as complicated as it may be.
We are Passengers here on this Journey and our lives are fairly short in the grand scheme of things.
Love life, it is a gift, revel in just being alive and never be afraid to make mistakes,
We are all better for them for it makes us who we are.
"Up Above My Head
There is Blue Sky
Below my feet there is dark
Somewhere in the middle
There is me
Lost in thought".


No comments:

Post a Comment