Wednesday 6 November 2013

Peter Kasen Q&A

Your name
Peter Kasen.

Where are you from? 
Miami, Florida, USA.

Name of band
Peter Kasen.

Who else is in your band? 
None - singer-songwriter, solo artist.

How would you describe yourself
Progressive or post - dark folk, if I had to put a genre on it.

Who are your main influences musically
Sunny Day Real Estate, Shudder To Think, Fugazi, Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, Damien Rice, Jose Gonzalez, Jeniferever, Beethoven, Tchaichovsky, James Blackshaw, Davey Graham, John Martyn, Jeff Buckley, an well on and on.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
This is a detailed question. However, the short answer would be something along the lines of support in America, Canada, Japan, mainland Europe, and the United Kingdom as for tour booking, album releases, as well as press/radio help. I have always had a global outlook on my career, not just based in one sole country. I would like to achieve 20 albums for my discography before I stop releasing music. I am on album five now, long way to go, a lot of music to get out of my head and recorded. The main goal is to spread my music as far and wide internationally as is possible, I will not stop until this is accomplished.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Several things, but the main two that come to mind are headlining the Viper Room in Hollywood/Los Angeles in 2006, as well as headlining Cafe Oto in London in 2010.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
The last 16 months of my life, when my album was pushed off repeatedly and a tour was cancelled. Never had this happened in the past, and never will this happen in the future.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
For me as a songwriter, Black Ink off of my last record Veer. For me it showcases movement in guitar that are not typical, and showcases lyrically a haunting depth from loss that comes with personal setback, family, and relationships.





Where can we find out more about your music?
Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Just that I will be touring in Europe to support my fifth album release, A Delicate Balance, from November 24th beginning in Paris, France, culminating at the end of January including multiple UK dates. All tour dates can be viewed at peterkasen.com/tour

No comments:

Post a Comment