Thursday 12 May 2016

Caroline McLavy Q&A

Your name: 
Caroline McLavy.

Where are you from? 
Leicester, UK.

How would you describe yourselves? 
Electro/synth pop artist.

Who are your main influences musically?
I grew up on Pet Shop Boys. They’re great teachers in how to write a good pop song. I also admire their ability to write in so many styles and still remain consistently themselves.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Fundamentally I think it’s about the ability to reach people. To communicate something in a song that someone else can identify with in their own way.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
As odd as it sounds, personally speaking it was the album production. As we (co-produced with Rich Henderson - AR One Studios) were approaching completion it dawned on me, as a small child my greatest ambition was to be a record producer, I had almost forgotten that feeling. To get to say ‘yes I did that’ was a great moment. It’s not about major labels and highly spec’d out studios, it’s the will to make things happen that counts and the ability to enjoy it for what it is.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Ooo filming the outdoor scene for my video for ‘Constant Pain’ at 10:30am on a Sunday morning. The film location was the old Norman Castle in Castle Gardens, Leicester. I wore my thigh-high electric blue boots. On the way back to the car after filming I had to pass the Church where the congregation were gathered outside. It felt like the walk of shame.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
This is a difficult question, I wrote the album to represent a whole, with each song being a part. I want to say ‘Where Did I Go Wrong?’ but really I think it would be ‘I’ll Take My Chances’ mainly because as the title suggests it’s about taking a chance on something because it’s in your heart despite the doubts in your head. Not so much the content of the song more the general vibe.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
Twitter - @CarolineMcLavy
Watch the Constant Pain video - https://youtu.be/wu1lOWqT_1Q
Watch the Signals video - https://youtu.be/sxPUtgbzcRM

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
You can download a free song by signing up to my mailing list at www.caroline-mclavy.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment