Wednesday 5 December 2012

Pete Bennett Q&A

Your name: 
Pete Bennett.

Where are you from? 
London (on the South Side).

How would you describe yourselves? 
Songwriter/singer= it all a bit folky punk I think.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Learnt to play guitar by listening to The Clash, Billy Bragg for the one man one guitar stand, Ska 2tone for dance, love Crowded House for their song writing.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I have been very lucky that I have been asked to write songs for other people, so it is just really nice when people like your songs/work.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I was very pleased when a song I wrote "Broken" got into the charts this year in March. But for me the big one was playing with Billy Bragg this year, He had been a hero of mine for years.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Once played a gig at the old PowerHouse with a band and a couple got on stage with us and started to have sex at our feet! Could blank that out ha ha. Everyone thought the band had set it up.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why? 
There is a song call "Rings And Kisses" on my first album (Just Urban Folk). It’s a simple love song about wanting to marry someone. Just like the speed of the song and the chords too. Think I got it right that day, but didn’t get the girl.


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
You have been great and my new album "Summer Town Winter Mourn" is out now.


No comments:

Post a Comment