Wednesday 19 December 2012

Teddy Bazz Orchestra Q&A


Your name: 
Teddy Barrington.

Where are you from? 
I am From Lewisham south east London.

Name of band: 
The band is called the Teddy Bazz Orchestra.

Who else is in your band? 
On guitar Mr Phil Dearing, on bass Mr Dave Harrisonon drums Mr Simon Strevens, on percussion Mr Peter Meagher (Bongo Pete), on violin and keys Mr Alistair Thompson and sadly departed Mr Andy Ropek bass player and host and founder of the Icarus Club, who died after a short battle with cancer last year.

How would you describe yourselves? 
We are all singer songwriters. We all play in a number of bands. We are all recording artists with albums out on iTunes and other media. We have never made any money out of it but do it anyway.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Bob Dylan, Talking Heads, Madness, B52's, Bassey, radio Head, Placebo, Nine inch Nails, Gary Numan.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
It would be nice to get a PR and distribution deal and get some exposure in the future and continue performing until I’m a Rolling Stone, if I live that long.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
There hasn’t been many highlights but I have loved every gig over the last 20 years I have met hundreds of great performers and artists.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
That incident with the upturned festival toilet would be one of many.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why? 
I am mostly known for my track Big Gun Let’s Have Fun.

Where can we listen to it? 
http://www.teddybazz.bandcamp.com    (The Good The Bad The Fugly)
http://www.teddybazz1.bandcamp.com   (Bazakiss)



Where can we find out more about your music?
I am on Twitter teddybazzorches
I’m on Facebook in the name Teddy Barrington or find the Teddy Bazz Orchestra page.

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
I have been writing songs, scripts and books since I was 14 years old. I have more than 300 songs written but just not enough money to record them all.
I have written scripts for shows and have put on productions at local drama groups that have been great fun to do.
I have collaborated with other great song writers and have had a laugh performing with them too.
The PHD-Fc albums In transition was released in 2006 and God Speed in 2007, they will be re packaged and re released in 2013 with Valda Parker on vocal.

No comments:

Post a Comment