Thursday 24 January 2013

4fingaz Q&A


Your name:
T.J Shiyanbola.

Where are you from?
Originally from south east London, now I reside in Reading, Berkshire.

Name of band:
4fingaz.
  
How would you describe yourself?
I would describe myself as hard working, honest, humble, and loving and a passionate man. I would like to think that I am generous, and I am always thinking of others before my self.

Who are your main influences musically?
Jay-Z in terms of his music and business sense. Music soul child or musiq for his writing ability and his sick vocals. I love Frank Ocean’s music, just an amazing talent. I will say I love Tinie Tempah and Wretch 32’s music.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
To be the best at what I do and inspire and empower the next generation. I want my music to break down barriers, and encourage unity all races and ethnicity.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Going to the BBC Introducing master class in 2011, in Abbey roads studios. Getting to meet artists like Labyrinth, Tinchy Strider, most of the Radio 1 DJs. It was inspirational, and it made more focused, and encouraged me to work harder.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I was performing in 2010 in front of a crowd of 2,000 plus. The backing CD started skipping. OMG, I want the ground to open up and swallow me whole. That couldn’t happen so asked the DJ to stop the track. Gave the crowd a three-minute freestyle session. They loved it. I received a standing ovation. But not looking for that to happen any time too soon, so I always carry a spare backing CD.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why?
My latest single ‘Soulmate’. I think that song demonstrates some of my personality. It’s fun, energetic and its about finding and falling in love. I want to share my music with the whole world and this song just seems to put a smile on everyone face. That’s the reaction I want all my songs to have on people.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment