Tuesday 9 April 2013

Lisa Taylor Q&A


Your name: 
Lisa Taylor.

Where are you from?
Big Island of Hawaii.

Who else is in your band?
Players on my album-
RockingChair Frank- (Guitar)
Nat Shuirman (Bass)
Sam Nilsson (Guitar)
Dave Roda (Drums and percussion)
Paul Tarantino (Sax)
Curtish Nash (Trumpet)
J. Smooth (Additional Vox and Guitar)

How would you describe yourselves?
Soulful, groove music with a side of sass :-)

Who are your main influences musically?
Prince, Amy Winehouse, Andy Allo, Kimbra. Also very inspired by groups like The Fleet Foxes and A Perfect Circle. I have a pretty diverse music collection!

What do you hope to achieve in music?
To have not only my singing, but also my songwriting recognized. To have a big enough fan base to be able to travel and do shows around the world and just make music. If I'm lucky enough, maybe even be able to take care of my amazing family one day. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The great response I've received for my new album "Let Love Shine" has been amazing. It's in the top sellers on cdbaby for both Neo-Soul and Urban R&B and I have a couple of singles that are doing really well on the Amazon UK Neo-Soul chart (mp3's) Last week I made my debut onto the UK Soul Chart at #21. This week I've moved up to #14! I've been getting play there in the UK, and in a couple of states here. All within the past month. I've been at this for so long. This is all just totally amazing and very exciting. I'm incredibly grateful that people have faith in the music I'm putting out.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Big opportunities that came my way when I was younger and filled with self doubt.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
The first single from my new album. It's called "Funny Feeling." I wrote it when my soon-to-be husband and I first started dating. It's just a straight up, feel good, love song. With the exception of a couple of songs that are a little more dramatic, That's what this new album is all about. Love. Let it shine!

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
I think we covered a lot! Thank you so much for this opportunity and thank you for supporting independent artists! Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment