Saturday 13 April 2013

Terranomaly Q&A

Your name: 
Kevin "Steeleye" Smith.

Where are you from? 
Dallas, Texas, USA. 

Name of band: 
Terranomaly.

Who else is in your band? 
Jeff Byrd (bass), Michael MacPherson (lead guitar/vocal), Mitch Feinstein (drums/vocal), Kevin Smith (guitar)

How would you describe yourselves? 
We are hard rock from the soul out with our own style of beat and timing.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Alice Cooper, Ozzy, AeroSmith, AC/DC 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Hey, life is either a bitch or a party and you get to choose. I keep a party in my shoes and let the good times roll. I have fun with music and plan to do so wherever it takes me. I keep the rockets at full throttle and plan to go as far and as high as that will take me.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
Getting to work with these incredibly talented musicians is the highlight of my career. Terranomaly is the highlight of my career.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
If you know me personally, then you know that this is a straight answer. I have already forgotten every moment I want to forget. I don't even think about them. They are dead and gone and I am in the future.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I think "Stogie Smokin Woman" would be it because we really did some weird stuff. It has strange timings, for instance. I am doing really harsh rock with lots of distortion in the background. Michael is doing classic rock licks on lead guitar, Jeff is doing some rock and some jazz on bass, and the drums are doing double kick groove. It's all happening simultaneously and the result is something really new. We do that sort of thing with almost every song, but it seems to be really "on" in "Stogie Smokin Woman".  

Where can we listen to it? 
Lots of places. Here's one:http://myspace.com/terranomaly 



Where can we find out more about your music?  

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?  
Yes, our first two releases were done before we evolved into Terranomaly. At that time it was just me and Jeff Byrd. You can catch those tunes at http://myspace.com/byrd.jeff. Come see us live.  We will rock your brains out with a style of rock we think you will find unique. We take no prisoners. We rock everyone to the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment