Sunday 5 May 2013

A Candle Lit City Q&A


Your name: 
Ty Johnson.

Where are you from? 
Houston, Texas.

Name of band:
A Candle Lit City.

Who else is in your band?
Wade Concienne, Alex Lofton, Jacob Cardinal and Chris Deckard.

How would you describe yourselves? 
We would describe ourselves as an alternative/metal band.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Underoath, The Devil Wears Prada and Bring Me The Horizon.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I personally hope that the music we write can help or inspire people just like some bands have done for me.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
There have been several but I think my favorite was winning the Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands last year and getting a chance to play at Vans Warped Tour. We never expected to win, honestly. So it was very exciting for all of us when we got the news.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I think it might have been our second or third show. Wade and I were about 15 years old and new to the scene. Right before a breakdown in one of our songs I yelled out 'Somebody call a tow truck because there’s been a break down'. I remember some people in the crowd just laughing at that but hey I was really young and it was all new for me.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I would have to, at the moment, pick Atlas. It's of our first E.P ‘A Light in the Dark’.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?
Official Website : http://www.acandlelitcity.com/
Twitter : @acandlelitcity
Instagram @acandlelitcity
Official Website : www.acandlelitcity.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
We have a lot of exciting news that we will release at the end of the month so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment