Monday 6 May 2013

June Stevenson Q&A


Your name: 
June Stevenson.

Where are you from? 
From a town in Scotland named Crieff, although I now live in Aberdeenshire. 

Name of band:
I am a solo artist and prefer to promote my music under the name of June Stevenson Music.

Who else is in your band
I am a solo artist but occasionally I collaborate with other musicians. 

How would you describe yourself? 
Erm good question, I wouldn’t describe myself as such, but would define myself as an enthusiastic individual that puts her heart and soul into her music.

Who are your main influences musically? 
I have many influences but the main one would have to be Freddie Mercury.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To write music people can relate to and on the flip side to bring dreamlike fairy tale stories for people to loose themselves in. Coupled with an essence of light-heartedness in a way to make my music fun to listen to.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The whole journey has been a highlight.  

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I don’t have any moments like that, this musical journey is such a fun experience.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I have enjoyed working on them all and from my back catalogue I would say two songs, “Mesmerised” and “Blues”…….but my most recent endeavours I feel are fresh and exciting, so I have to choose for definite a song called “Knight King”. You asked why, simply because it is dreamlike with a hint of reality. One can escape through loosening themselves in the song.

Where can we listen to it? 
Blues & Mesmerised can be heard on my website, www.junestevensonmusic.com/juneshomepage.asp 
Knight King on the other hand is actually still in the production stages and won’t be ready for a month or two yet but you can listen to a snippet at my website mentioned above. The snippet is called “Day/Knight Interlude”.


Where can we find out more about your music?
Websites:
Debut Album “Newfound Heights” available from:

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?  
I don’t think so at this moment but I would like to thank you for your time, it has been fun! J

No comments:

Post a Comment