Monday 3 June 2013

Driving In Silence Q&A

Your name:
Joel.

Where are you from?
Miami, Florida, USA.

Name of band:
Driving In Silence.

Who else is in your band?
Right now it's just me but I might find some members later on when I start playing live shows.

How would you describe yourself?
I would have to say electronica pop even though two of the songs on my upcoming EP don't really have electronica elements. My next EP is definitely going to be more organic though.

Who are your main influences musically?
 I don't even know where to begin, Tegan and Sara, The Postal Service, The Cure, The Ready Set, Panic! at The Disco, Los Campesinos!, The Smiths, Jack's Mannequin, Crystal Castles, Joy Division, and New Order just to name a few.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I definitely want to be able to reach out to people and artist just getting into to music and inspire them the same way that bands I grew up listening to inspired me. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
So far it's been finishing my debut EP, I worked really hard on it, I would stay up until like 6am recording and mixing everything myself just to make sure everything sounded the way I wanted it to. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't really want to forget anything, I think making music is a learning experience and it's good to be able to go back and look at your mistakes and see how much you've progressed as an artist.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
It would have to be the song I just released None of it Matters, as far as the synths go, I'm definitely going to keep that vibe going for a while.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Yeah, my debut EPNow or Never comes out June 12. It'll be available on itunes, Spotify, and Amazon. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment