Tuesday 16 July 2013

Like Monroe Q&A

Your name:
Christopher Cody Deckard.

Where are you from?
Houston Texas, 3rd Coast Born and Texas Raised!

Name of band:
Like Monroe.

Who else is in your band?
Tyree Johnson is the lead vocalist - he goes by Ty though. Wade Thomas - aka Wade Concienne - on guitar and vocals. BK - aka Alexander Lofton - on the funky four-string. And Jacob making noise one the drums. =) …. Oh and I play guitar!

How would you describe yourselves?
Very serious and  passionate about music and never serious about anything else. We are five friends that get to play shows for people. Honestly when were are together we forget that we are in a band sometimes.

Who are your main influences musically? 
We all listen to pretty much the same stuff, Underoath, Saosin, Anberlin, TDWP, and my biggest is THRICE, but honestly we have been jamming a lot of The Color Morale's album Know Hope and also Like Moths To Flames. Those two bands are on fire right now. The thing they both have in common is the honesty, and pure emotion behind their lyrics and delivery.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Honestly I just want to be able to have this be my only job and source of income. I don't want a big house or anything. I just want to play music for people and be that escape for them. 
I used to feel like I had to live up to my grandpa's legacy and then one day I realized that would 1. Be impossible 2. Would never be truly be fulfilling and I will never be truly happy. 
He calls me his "star".  And I realized as long as he and my family are proud that's all that matters. That's my true measure of success.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Probably the past times I have played Warped Tour and this one show in particular that I got to play with my previous band. It was like a dream. It was my band, Emarosa, Sky Eats Airplane, A Day To Remember and The Devil Wears Prada. I look back now and I seriously can't believe it. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
The time in-between bands. Super dark. But music allows me to channel all of my energy into positive actions.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would have to say this song called Black Lungs because its a journey emotionally and every riff,chug, or power chord is placed with a purpose to help you along that trip. Sometimes people don't even know how to feel, so we more or less tell them how to feel through our music.

Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Just get ready for the ride because the inception is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment