Tuesday 9 July 2013

Matina Z Q&A

Your name:
Matina Z.

Where are you from?
I'm from a small suburb just north of Toronto called Newmarket in the province of Ontario in Canada.

How would you describe yourself?
A would describe myself as a modern rock alternative singer/songwriter.

Who are your main influences musically?
I have my own unique sound and style. I tend to lean towards modern rock bands including: Foo Fighters, U2, Kings of Leon, Coldplay to name a few.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'm looking forward to being at the pinnacle of the music industry and to touch people with my music around the world.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career so far is the tour I'm currently on called Yes I Can Tour that has a self-empowering/anti-bullying message with it and having one of my tracks called Stage 9 Clinger chart number one for six weeks straight in Italy. The Yes I Can Tour is a highlight because I'm a strong advocate of anti-bullying and I believe strongly in self-empowerment. This tour gives me the opportunity to spread my message with many people. Reaching number one on radio is a reflection of my hard work and dedication which motivates me even more. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
The first time I ever hit the stage was at a jam and I decided to allow certain stoned/drunk musicians to play with me. It was an interesting experience which I thought would scar me for life, but now I look back and laugh at it. It was a pretty funny moment. For all you musicians...watch who you invite up to play with you. ;) 

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Every song I write represents an aspect of my music and myself. To select only one is close to impossible for me to do. My whole album entitled Whispers in the Dark represents myself and each song carries a piece of me. 

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?
official site: https://matinaz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment