Monday 8 July 2013

Shem Q&A

Your name: 
SHEM.

Where are you from?
Originally I am a North London boy but moved to South London when I was young.

Name of band:
SHEM I am the band haha.

How would you describe yourself?
As a person I'm dope and as an artist even doper.

Who are your main influences musically?
Great artists that push boundaries of creativity. It spans across a wide spectrum from Sade to Kate Bush or Prince to Tracy Chapman. I guess music that my mother listened to while I was a kid growing up influenced me subconsciously.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I just wanna open some minds and touch some hearts.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I've had sooo many highlights in such a short space of time doing what I love, so for me to pick just one would be extremely difficult. Meeting people that really appreciate my art and what I'm bringing to the game is also an awesome feeling, things like that make the hard work all worth it.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Forgive but never forget I say haha.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Hmmmm that is a really tough question because my music evolves as I do. If I had to choose just one it would be the title track to my last EP 'Music, Late Nights & Daydreams' as it highlights my imperfections and dark moments but also the light at the end of the tunnel, which to me represents the struggle and the importance of a dream

Where can we listen to it?
Hit up my soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/allaboutshem/shem-08-music-late-nights



Where can we find out more about your music?
You can find me on most social media sites
www.soundcloud.com/allaboutshem
www.allaboutshem.bandcamp.com
www.twitter.com/allaboutshem
www.instagram.com/allaboutshem
www.facebook.com/shemonline
Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Thanks for having me, Art Hop Life is the movement get involved and watch out for new music coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment