Sunday 11 August 2013

Nick D Q&A

Your name: 
Nick D.

Where are you from? 
Enfield, North London, UK.

How would you describe yourself? 
A down to earth sort of guy who is very passionate about his music, and whilst constantly being knocked back trying to stay strong and follow his dream!

Who are your main influences musically? 
I grew up listening to a lot of Motown/soul and 90's R'n'B so that's where I get a lot of my main influences from. Artists such as Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Boyz II Men, Jodeci etc 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To get my music heard by as many people as possible and hopefully touch a few people in some sort of way along the way. I would like to show that other styles of music do still exist and NOT just what we hear on our radios/music channels today. It bugs me that most successful artists today seem to be making the same music as each other. Radio would have you thinking only one type of music sells which I do not believe. You always get people saying "They don't make music like they used to" and that just makes me question why not? Why can't music today still have the same groove and substance that classic records used to have!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
It would have to be taking part in the nation-wide arena tour after my run on the 2005 X Factor. At such a young age it took me to so many different places in the UK including Newcastle, Scotland and Manchester to name a few, playing to crowds of up to 14,000 strong. It gave me the chance to perform on big stages with a live band for the very first time and get and idea of who my fan-base was outside of London, and just get a taste of what life on the road would be like. So that will always be one highlight of mine.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
The moment where I thought about throwing the towel in and giving up. To even entertain that was silly of me as "music" is literally all I know and a passion that could never permanently disappear.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
That is very hard as all of my music is special to me for different reasons, and being an independent artist and funding all my work on my own means a lot of my material is not yet finalised. But if I had to pick one it would have to be a song called All About The Music, which is off my 2012 EP No Help Or Handouts. I choose this song as the saying "all about the music" is something that I have been saying from the very beginning of my career I even have a tattoo of it and now have T-shirts on sale with the logo, so anyone that knows me associates that saying with me. And the song is just basically saying that I'm not here for the glitz and glamour, I am here for the love of music…all you wannabes can grab your five minutes of fame but I'm here for the long run!

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music? 
Twitter - @nickdofficial

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask? 
Just like to let the people know that I realise it has been a while since I have released anything but I do have loads of stuff in the pipe line and trying my very best to get it out to you all as soon as. Its just a bit of a slower process being independent but please do bare with me "Its All About The Music" Nick D x

No comments:

Post a Comment