Monday 14 October 2013

Tom Barrow Q&A

Your name: 
Tom Barrow.

Where are you from?
Manchester, England.

How would you describe yourself?
I'm a singer/songwriter from Castlefield, Manchester. Playing mostly upbeat indie about my real life experiences.

Who are your main influences musically?
My influences are quite varied, I'd say I take a lot from Alex Turner, Jack White and Noel Gallagher. But I love great lyricists like Mike Skinner and Pete Doherty.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Just to get my music heard. It'd be great if millions of people heard my tracks, but even if only a few people listened to them and related to them then I think I've achieved something good just in that.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I'd say the highlight so far was recording my first EP, I did it at a studio in Manchester called Oscillate Studio with a lad called Chris Hughes. He knew his stuff, and I was really happy with the finished product, there's a certain sense of pride that comes with listening to your songs back on these professional recordings that make you think 'is that me?' 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I'd like to forget the nerves I had before my first proper gig. You never know how things like that will go, and of course you have every worst possible scenario being played over in your head. Once you've done it once it's alright, but I spent a lot of time with a very weak stomach before that first time was done with.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I'd have to pick 'Stuck in Shudehill'. I wrote that song about a very long, uncomfortable night that I had. Take a listen and you'll understand. But there's something quite unsettling about being stuck in Manchester City Centre in the early hours of the morning. It's a very real situation portrayed in a song that makes you think about how other peoples lives are.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?
www.facebook.com/tombarrowmusicmanchester
www.twitter.com/tombarrowmusic
www.soundcloud.com/tombarrowmusic

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
My EP Is out now! You can take a listen to it here, Thanks alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment