Friday 20 December 2013

Ben McKenzie returns with solo EP

AFTER stepping away from music, Toronto-based singer-songwriter Ben McKenzie is back with his first solo EP, Stand Down Son.

He told RealSoundsOK: "I was on an indefinite hiatus from the scene. I had done the tours, the records, and made that lifestyle a priority above everything, but I needed a break. I needed to find that initial excitement again.

"There’s an authenticity that made me first fall in love with punk music, and as I got older I realized that the same aesthetic could be found in the music of my childhood. It’s Petty, Springsteen and Young – but with my own history, my roots."

You can check out the EP below and download the first single, 1994, for free at benmckenzie.bandcamp.com

And for more information on the chap, visit facebook.com/BenMcKenzieMusic


No comments:

Post a Comment