Thursday 16 January 2014

The Picture Perfect Q&A

Your name: 
My name is Kyle Featherstone.

Where are you from? 
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA.

Name of band: 
The Picture Perfect.

Who else in your band?
The band consists of:
Kyle Featherstone - Piano, Vocals
Colin Huntington - Drums, Vocals
Josh Bening - Guitar, Vocals
Adam Feuring - Guitar
Sean Koran - Bass

How would you describe yourselves?
I think we’re a pretty goofy bunch of guys all set on writing positive musical songs. We’re really immature and want people to realize we’re just like them and no better just because we play music. 

Who are your main influences musically?
As the main songwriter, I primarily draw a lot of inspiration from other musical acts that are heavily piano oriented, like Coldplay, Jack’s Mannequin, The Rocket Summer, etc. I am a huge Marianas Trench fan and have rolled that over to the other guys too .

What do you hope to achieve in music?
My primary goal is really to find a way to write songs that inspire others in the way that music has inspired and affected me. I know it can be a really powerful feeling, and I think there’s no greater experience. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I would say that right now is a pretty cool time for us. Currently we are recording in Cleveland Ohio, with platinum award winning producer Jim Wirt. He has done so other amazing records that I grew up with as a kid and finally being here being able to work with him is sort of surreal.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I wouldn’t really say I want to forget anything. So far everything has gotten us to where we are right now, and there have been good times and bad times; but nothing so terrible I’d never want to relive it. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I really like the song “Waiting for This”. Musically i think it fills the niche between pop punk, and piano rock that we’re going for, and the lyrics are very characteristic of our band. Sort of a “if you want it and dream it, go out and get it” sort of vibe; and that’s exactly what we’re trying to do right now. 

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
You can find us on pretty much all online sites.

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I think that’s it, they’re good questions! Just keep your eyes out for the new record coming this summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment