Saturday 15 February 2014

Megan C Q&A

Your name:
Megan C.

Where are you from?
Kimberley, Northern Cape in South Africa. We are famous for our diamonds.

Name of band:
Megan C.

How would you describe yourself?
I’m an extremely ambitious, strong woman who believes in ‘total theatre’. Every element of a performance should compliment each other from concept, lighting, sound, costumes and choreography. This facilitates an exceptional performance.

Who are your main influences musically?
Celine Dion, Michael Jackson and old school soul and country music.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to create something timeless. I want to share my music with the world. Everyone has tried to see whether they have a super power at some point…I’ve realized that mine is to move people and that’s exactly what I plan to do.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Meeting and performing with Grammy nominee Howard McCrary. Howard is extremely spiritual and continues to mentor me to this day.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
It would have to be my audition for Christine for ‘The Phantom of the Opera’. I was down to the last 4 candidates and I just couldn’t control my breath! I wasn’t going to audition in the first place but once I had gotten so close, all of a sudden I wanted it too much. It was very embarrassing for a classically trained singer.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
‘Waiting Room’ is a deeply personal song for me but it has all the elements of great story telling and stunning musical arrangement. I love singing ballads, I would be happy to write songs like that for the rest of my life.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment