Friday 28 March 2014

Kevo Can't Dance Q&A

Your name: 
Kevo.

Where are you from?
Philladelphia/Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US.

Name of band:
Kevo Can't Dance.

Who else is in your band?
Just meeeeeez (I play guitar, vox, sexy winks at ladies).

How would you describe yourself?
I am an introverted weirdo with an awkward sense of humor :). My music attempts to elevate ones sense in human emotion and creativity. Lyric wise I like to mask serious issues with sarcasm and personal experiences. I aim to be the listeners anti - depressant, I want to make them to feel like their is still hope in tragedy.

Who are your main influences musically?
Such a wide range...but I would say from past to modern; Charlie Patton, Sam Cooke, Elliott Smith, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Kevin Devine, Radiator Hospital.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I wanna make it a career...non-stop all over the world tour and make albums for the next 40 years!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Getting to perform on the same stage as one of my biggest influences and heroes; Sean Bonnette from Andrew Jackson Jihad. It was definitely one of the best nights of my life and I learned at lot. Plus he said he liked my music and I totally fan-girled out about it, ha. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
About a decade ago I played my first show and I was so nervous my voice was a mere whisper and I stuttered through two songs and the whole crowd of about 50 people all walked out. I quit music for 2 years after that :(. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Roosevelts; which I rerecorded on my new EP. It really puts in perspective my struggles with social anxiety, manic depression, poverty, and being an introvert. If anything the song has become somewhat of an affirmation for me to change all those things and reinvent myself. 

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Thank you for taking time to interview me!


No comments:

Post a Comment