Tuesday 4 March 2014

Michael Lucking Q&A

Your name:
Michael Lucking.

Where are you from?
Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

Who else is in your band?
I currently don't have one. However, I would love to find like minded people to collaborate with.

How would you describe yourself?
I am just and ordinary guy writing music and playing instruments. I hope that people appreciate and enjoy the work I put in to it. I play all instruments (program drums), mix and master myself. 

Who are your main influences musically?
Basically, if you take the 70s and 90s rock scene's usual suspects you'll find most of the major influences I have there. However, I am influenced by anything I have ever heard in one way or another. I think you can find good and bad in any artists music. You can take just as much from the most basic children's song as you can the most complex piece. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
World peace, end hunger, and elimination for the need of organized government. However, I'd settle for some people listening and liking my little songs.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I should probably say graduating from Berklee, but that is not that important to me. So, I showed my daughter a video of Hendrix smashing and burning his guitar I believe at Monterey Pop Festival. I asked her, "Who do you like more Hendrix or Daddy?" She said, "Hendrix." Then later she said, "I changed my mind I like you better."

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
If you don't remember the bad, you won't appreciate the good. I'd rather not forget.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
As She Grows.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
iTunes should be up in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment