Monday 31 March 2014

Tommy Rudow Q&A

Your name: 
Tommy Rudow.

Where are you from? 
Berlin-based, Germany.

How would you describe yourself? 
I am a dreamer and a goodtime guy - love it to laugh and joke with my friends, explore cities at night, ride a good mtb, listen and produce music. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
(omg you don't want that list :D) To keep it short: when it comes to electronic more or less dancable music - definitely Paul Kalkbrenner and Joel Zimmerman. Also people like Anthony Gonzales, Hans Zimmer, Enio Morricone and many soundcloud friends you can explore in my sc playlists. I don't like genres and trying to categorize my music - but I think I'm getting used to it slowly. If I have to do it .. it's EDM - electronic dance music, somewhere between house,trance and techno :)

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Hmm. I think like anyone producing music I'd like to create something outstanding and unique. I hope people enjoy my works no matter if they ride mtbs or dance and hope to be good enough to keep doing it.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I am pretty much at the begin of a career, but for me it has probably been the release of my seven-track Berlin Nights EP on February 1st this year. I have put a lot of work and love in it so I think until now that was my personal highlight.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
It's a stupid story. When I started to play around with sound on my first daw program it was so much fun that I started to make a track. The bad thing was I only had a demo version of the program so I stopped to turn the pc off to not lose the track. It worked some days but then of course the pc crashed and my first track was gone.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I think "Hinterm Mond Links". This one isn't released yet - It's one of the tracks I finished lately. Simply because I like the combination of "trancy" and "housy" sounds in this one. I think most of my tracks contain elements of different electro genres.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment