Thursday 12 June 2014

Plain Q&A

Your name:
Karl Ove Jeppestøl.

Where are you from?
I am actually from a small place called Jeppestøl, south of Norway.

Name of band:
Plain.

Who else is in your band?
David Solbjørg, Halvor Dahle and Morten Sigurd Hansen.

How would you describe yourselves?
If I would have to use just one word I would say melancholic, otherwise I don’t know. I’m really one of those people that just want to enjoy life, but I always have too much to do.

Who are your main influences musically?
The two persons that has inspired me the most is Chino Moreno and Maynard Keenan. And also, I grew up listening to Pantera and Sepultura a lot. Those bands definitely inspired me as well.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Have fun, express myself and hopefully inspire a few people!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Getting on a list of the most promising Norwegian bands on the most famous Norwegian rock radio show.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Hope you refer to my career? Otherwise there are a lot! I don’t know, also as a musician you experience a lot of bad moments.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would say “Ingenmanns”. This song has, for me, all the important ingredients: heaviness, melancholy and melody. But sadly we wont release before in a months time.
Of our released songs, I like Roadrunner the best, because its just so right in your face!

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
You can also find us on iTunes and spotyfy!

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
I can mention that we will release our first album in February next year. Most of our songs are already finished and we are just stoked about them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment