Saturday 4 October 2014

Debut album in new year from Mary Caroline

FOLK pop artist Mary Caroline will release her debut studio album in January.

She has already released her first single Such A Liar, which you can listen to/watch below.

Mary told RealSoundsOK: "The album attempts to capture the edginess and beauty of my northern life, forging my own path in the remote wilds of the Northwest Territories.

"Over the past few years I've been busy touring extensively throughout Canada. I also spent time living in a remote trapper's cabin on the shores of the Liard River, 600km from the community of Yellowknife. Here I learned about the old trapping lifestyle, sustenance living and Arctic gardening.

"In order to achieve what I wanted for this album, I removed myself from those familiar surroundings and spent this past summer recording at Hamilton, Ontario's converted church studio Catherine North."

For more on Mary, visit marycaroline.ca or facebook.com/marycarolinemusic


No comments:

Post a Comment