Wednesday 26 November 2014

FlyDan Q&A

Your name: 
Danny Ryder.

Where are you from? 
Greenwich, South London.

Name of band: 
FlyDan.

Who else is in your band?
Just me I am a solo recording artist.

How would you describe yourself and your music?
I would describe myself as creative daring open minded and ambitious and I would describe my music in the same way.

Who are your main influences musically?
My musical influences are so varied from people like Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson to Wu-Tang Clang, but what actually influences and inspires me to make music are life experiences and the situations that I have been in.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I do not hope to achieve anything from music, not that I don't believe I can or my music isn't good enough it's more because I am not doing it for accolades. It's more of a lifestyle for me. I grew up around music and if I was to ever make any kind of impact in the music industry I would see it as a bonus or something that is just meant to be and if not I would still be making music regardless.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight would be 2013. It was a good year for me, I was producing a lot of music and I released the best Mixtape I had ever done. I shot about five music videos and done a lot of freestyle videos and various other platforms. I also got signed to ItctyCoo records and released my first solo EP, which done and is still doing very well.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
The moment I would want to forget is turning down a management deal with the union in America and the chance to tour.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?The one track I would pick right now would be 'Mad Fly Dope Boy'. It's a trap/rap song that is subliminally about dealing, but I am the drug and I am talking and selling myself in the sense that I am that new product that everyone is going to want and what the benefits are my clothing line etc
I would choose this track because it is like the other side to me that is quite entertaining confident and self assured opposed the hard working smart and quite laid back person I am



Where can we find out more about your music?
You can find my music on various websites such as my manager's website, my own personal website, iTunes, Google play Amazon and more  
http://www.omarsalinas.com/flydan/ 
http://www.flydan.co.uk/
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/flydan/id717795574
https://play.google.com/store/music/artist/Flydan?id=Avue6jxn7awlbjv7zzirzlhqmja&hl=en_GB
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoned-Out-Original-Mix/dp/B00FYXITFQ

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
My next project will be an EP and I am calling it ‘Fly Hearts Never Broken’. The reason why I chose this title is because I wanted to show people another side to me and touch more on my emotions feelings and things that I have been through via a musical journey.
The term Fly Hearts Never Broken means if you love yourself first then nobody can really break your heart. You can be affected but when you break it down, you're still alive, still breathing and still healthy and definitely strong enough to pick yourself up and go again, which is something I have had to do.
It doesn't just refer to relationships with females, I'm talking about friends, family associates and just people I have been in contact with throughout my life a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment