Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Salvador Darlings Q&A

Your name: 
Carine Fierobe (singer).

Where are you from? 
Paris originally, living in London, UK.

Name of band: 
The Salvador Darlings.

Who else is in your band? 
Bryan Borcherds.

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
We are passionate about music so our music is the expression of our passion, like our image, simple but true. Bryan is the composer of The Salvador Darlings and he's obsessed by musical equipment and all the technical parts. Personally I'm so bad at it! It's better if I don't touch this part, but I do play guitar and write songs. My role in The Salvador Darlings is to create vocal melodies and build lyrics when I'm inspired.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Anything that moves us, it could be old school hip hop or jazz or classical, if it has the right feeling then that’s what we like. When writing our own music it usually starts with a drum beat or synth line, or a vocal melody, and if we find ourselves nodding our heads to the beat then we keep on going with the song. So to answer your question it’s not a style or band that influences us, it’s the groove and feeling.
We are also very influenced by the city we live in, London. There’s so much magic and mystery, the history, people, and weather influences us. The recording isn’t just done in a studio, it’s recorded out and about in London. For each song we do outdoor recording to capture the magic of London, for example with our single Show World we did additional vocal recording in Trafalgar Square on the coldest night of the year. In the background you can hear the fountains, buses rumbling by, and a security guard shouting at us asking us to leave. It’s quite original to do this kind of exciting things!

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I just hope to continue to enjoying music with my buddy and playing a lot of gigs everywhere in London first and if it's possible going on the road to spread our music to everyone who wants to listen. Of course I hope that people will enjoy our songs and us as people. Like I said earlier, we are simple and we will stay like that, we want to be the close to our fans and share our story and music with them. Our music is just a reflection of who we are so hopefully people can relate to this.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Every time we get to the studio. It’s so much fun, to either come in with a song idea or create a new song idea. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Honestly for the moment I have nothing to forget with The Salvador Darlings but I remember when I was a little child, I had participate in a little song contest in my home town in France. It was the first time I was singing in front of a lot of people on a stage, I was so stressed and my mouth was very, very dry. During the song I couldn't control my mouth and I coughed to clear my voice. It was terrible because I just wanted to be perfect and I wasn't.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Show World because it's our first song and "the meet up song" with Bryan, a very good one to introduce The Salvador Darlings. It denounces the importance of the image today and this reality based in fiction representations and relationships.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask? 
Thanks very for the interview guys, we hope that you and your readers will check out our music.

No comments:

Post a Comment