Thursday 4 June 2015

Crushcraze Q&A

Your name:
James Campbell.

Where are you from? 
Denver, Colorado.

Name of band:
Crushcraze.

Who else is in your band?
Daniel Feely (Keys, beeps, bumps, and live shenanigans).

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
We make experimental indie-electronic pop music. 
James: Straight up music nerd to the fullest power, dog lover, news and media junkie, amateur artist, hots sauce condenseur, beatboxer, part time pc gamer and stone mason.
Daniel: Not here to speak for himself but is sporting a pretty amazing beard at the moment.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Honestly, it's hard to even say any more. For me, I have always felt like as an artist you should always try to saturate yourself with as many different types of music, genres as you can and soak it like a sponge. In the process you end up falling in love with aspects of a lot of different musicians/bands for lots of different reasons. Its hard to know what/who I'm being influenced by when I'm writing. I think that I'm actually more influenced by situations, or people. 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I think its the ability to share our music with a large audience and be self-sustainable while were doing it.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The best is yet to come!

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I...I, already did.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
It would have to be one of our more recent songs, Bed Down With a Monster" off of our upcoming debut "Rag Doll Physics. I think this song shows a lot the different aspects that make up our sound and gives you an idea of what to expect from the album





Where can we find out more about your music?
Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask? 
Yes! Debut album Rag Doll Physics coming This summer. Follow us on social media for the most recent happenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment