Tuesday 8 September 2015

Jonny Debt Q&A

Your name: 
Jonny Debt.

Where are you from? 
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, in the centre of the Canadian Golden Horseshoe aka Steel City.

Name of band: 
Jonny Debt.

Who else is in your band? 
Adam Neumann on bass, Sid Lundaigh on drums.

How would you describe yourselves? 
Extremist, great friend, sentimental, good instincts but very stupid, sailer, sexy cowboy.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Van Morrison, Santana, Leonard Cohen, The Doors.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
One Top 30 that gets played on 102 The Edge and 20 years on the road.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
First time seeing an all ages crowed dance and smile to my music. Made me feel like I was doing something real.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I have been in a lot of bar fights. There's always some drunk guy in the country starting with me when I'm performing. I can be in such control but sometimes I just lose it. I know letting your emotion control you is all ego but I told you I'm stupid. I recently paid for a friend of mine to train to the Netherlands from Germany to set this blogger straight. The guy was super-rude to me for no reason, thought he could get away with it cause I'm from Canada and I am so vindictive. I actually paid for someone to visit him instead of taking my girlfriend to the movies. There's a lot of shit like that I regret after sleeping a couple days and getting my head straight.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I would pick God Song (final produced version to be released on soon to be released next album). It's my masterpiece, my life's work. It's better than me as a person, it's that lil bit of greatness in everyone that I look up to I was lucky enough to capture in a few lines.

Where can we listen to it? 
There is an old version of the song still on YouTube. I will soon have the final version on my bandcamp, but here is the link to the original even though the old recording embarrasses me a bit.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI59Pe4Fv5w



Where can we find out more about your music?
https://www.facebook.com/thejonnydebtband 
The likes on Facebook help me get more shows so I'm trying to use it more. I'm on iTunes as well.

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask? 
Touring Europe three times this up coming year, Germany, Canada this September and back to China this October.  
All the new stuff Produced by Steve Bigas at Porcelain Records, best studio on Earth and last of its kind. The new single waiting to be mixed by Dan Weston, these two are a dream team.
Also there is a fourth secret member to Jonny Debt Band and we have done four co-writes and he has shows up to two recording and three gigs out of the last 100. His name is Bryan Jangles and I hear he is working on a solo project you might want to keep a look for. He is extremely talented songwriter and performer, unfortunately not always available due to substance control problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment