Tuesday 3 November 2015

Symon Withay Q&A

Your name: 
Symon Withay.

Where are you from? 

South East London.

Name of band:  

Symon Withay.

How would you describe yourselves? 

Soul, country, blues and folk.

Who are your main influences musically? 

Eric Clapton and Andre Segovia in terms of Guitar playing and Al Green for his vocal phrasing.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 

I hope that my music is relatable, to keep writing and creating songs.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
My highlight has been meeting David Hockman who I am now signed with. He understands where I am coming from and has vast experience in the industry having signed artists and bands such as Sir Elton John and ABBA.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 

Cleaning my glasses on a packed train with what I thought was a lens cleaner that turn out to be a condom... not a good look.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Cherry Tree is my single which shows my light country side... with more songs to come that will show a very different aspect...

Where can we listen to it?  

Via my webpage www.symonwithay.com



Where can we find out more about your music?  
All my links to Facebook and Twitter etc can be found on www.symonwithay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment