Wednesday 9 December 2015

Velcro Mary Q&A

Your name:
Jason Erb.

Where are you from?
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.

Name of band:
Velcro Mary.

Who else is in your band?
Nobody.  It’s just me.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I’m a one man band, recording under the name Velcro Mary. I follow a very DIY punk ethic, meaning that I do almost everything myself, and I’m mostly self taught. Most of the music is guitar driven, and would be classified in the indie rock or alternative rock genres. I write, perform, record, mix, and master everything at home.

Who are your main influences musically?
I took a lot of inspiration from late 80's to mid 90’s college radio. Stuff like the Pixies, The Dead Milkmen, Dinosaur Jr., Sebadoh, R.E.M., Sonic Youth, Pavement, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and the list goes on and on. That was a really great time for music.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I just want to be loved.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The absolute peak of my career was being interviewed for RealSoundsOK.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Some of the first songs I wrote and recorded are probably a little embarrassing to listen to now. But you have to write a lot of bad songs if you want to learn how to write good ones. And I think the ones I’m writing now are pretty good.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
“Whatever Helps You Sleep At Night,” which is the first track on Leave A Light On. If I had to pick one song to represent the album, that would be the one.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
Mailing List:  http://eepurl.com/q_ytj

1 comment: