Sunday 20 November 2016

Jon Ross Q&A

Your name: 
Jon Ross.

Where are you from? 
Originally from Chicago, IL, USA. Currently living in Nashville, TN, USA.

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
My music is mainly singer-songwriter style in the pop/rock genre. Many of the songs have a positive vibe to them and there's usually a message of positivity, encouragement, or something along that line.

Who are your main influences musically? 
My influences range greatly, from Beethoven to the Beatles to Billy Joel. I'm also heavily influenced by progressive rock groups of the 70s like Genesis and Rush, as well as 80s rock and pop, which is the music I grew up with.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
My purpose as an artist is to infuse the world with art and uplift this civilization through that. I want to be well known, well thought of, and well exchanged with in the world as a result. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I got to perform on a cruise ship in front of dozens of people and the performance was very well received.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I performed at an open mic night about 7 years ago, and I forgot the opening lyrics to one of my songs. I had to then stop and start over. That was really embarrassing!

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I would choose the song entitled Everything Happens For A Reason. I had adopted that philosophy many years ago, and there have been countless times in my life where that mindset has proven to be true time and time again.

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?
You can go to www.reverbnation.com/jonrossmusician and that would probably be the best place to hear more of my songs. My website is currently under construction :).
I'm on Twitter at twitter.com/jonrossmusician and my Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/jonrossmusician/. People may also email me directly at jonrossmusician@gmail.com. I would welcome any opportunity to interact directly with the people who love what I create.

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask? 
I would simply like to say thank you for taking the time to interview me, and thank you to anyone who takes time out of their busy lives to listen to my songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment