Thursday 6 December 2012

Alasdair Gauld Q&A

Your name: 
Alasdair Gauld.

Where are you from? 
Biggin Hill, Kent, England.
  
How would you describe yourself? 
An acoustic solo artist, who writes witty, lyrical material about all sorts of things. A lot of what I write comes from being out and about in London a lot or things in my own life generally. My sound is rhythmic yet harmonious at the same time all against a contemporary guitar style.

Who are your main influences musically? 
No one in particular. When learning I started playing all the 70s rock classics (Led Zep, Thin Lizzy) along with some Guns n Roses and Jimi Hendrix. But as I started to perform, I've gotten more into current artists such as Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard, The Script, Jason Mraz, and Arctic Monkeys. These are all acts I perform when doing cover gigs. I would say I'm sort of a mixture of them.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Well, we can all dream and say we want to make it all the way but realistically I would love a full-time career out of it but still be able to write and perform my own work. Hopefully I'm still performing when I'm old!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I’ve managed to get through to the semi finals of open mic uk. This has been my biggest audience and I suppose the highlight.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
All the times my system starts throwing too much feed back at full volume! Apart from that there have been no regrettable moments so far.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why? 
I have a song named Busker Man about all the buskers I see when out and about. It’s a bright sounding song with a catchy chorus. My other songs have a downer feel to them but I want to try to write more similar to this brighter sound.

Where can we listen to it? 
https://soundcloud.com/alasdair-gauld/bu

Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
I’m willing to play any gig anywhere in London; it's all good promo. Just contact me via a link!


No comments:

Post a Comment