Sunday 2 December 2012

Kiera Osment Q&A


Your name: 
Kiera Osment.

Where are you from? 
I live in North Devon in the Southwest of England.

How would you describe yourself? 
I would describe myself as a young girl who writes from the heart about her life, love me or hate me, I'm just me and I won’t change for anyone!

Who are your main influences musically? 
I find Influences really hard to answer, because I am young I don't listen to much music. I do like people like Kate Walsh, Leddraa Chapman and Kate Rusby, who have worked hard for themselves.  I almost don't want to listen to too many other people because I don't want a strong influence, I want to just sound like me.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I hope to play to more people. Since February I have been lucky enough to play at lots events and festivals; it would be a dream to do more of that. It's magical being on a stage.  I have so much more to learn, everyday I learn something new, but while I'm learning I want to be out there playing my music to people and have them feel what I feel when I'm singing. I also have a big dream when I'm older of opening a music community centre so everyone can get a taste of what its like to play music. I would also love to spend more time learning to record myself.  

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The highlight was in the Summer playing at The Llama Festival in Lynmouth, it was amazing!

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I most want to forget meeting someone who claimed to be a record label and wasn't!

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why? 
The song I would choose would be a song called 'Yesterday'. I started to record it properly, although I do have rough versions on soundcloud and ReverbNation, hope to get the track soon. I choose this because it brings out a lot of emotion in me and other people, it's actually about a letter.

Where can we listen to it? 
You can listen to it on http://soundcloud.com/kieraosment and http://www.reverbnation.com/kieraosment

Where can we find out more about your music? 
You can find out about me on

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
I would just like to say, although I'm young I have been fairly lucky that people have accepted me and what I'm doing. I do get some people who think I am too young, but I am sensible and I  have a great mum and dad that are always there helping me. I would go mad if I just had to play to my family for years, they choose the right safe places for me to play. The musicians I have met have been really great and helpful.


REASONS by kiera osment age 12. Sept 2012 from kiera osment on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment