Wednesday 12 December 2012

King Beez Q&A


Your name: 
Matt Groopie.

Where are you from? 
I am from Thornhill, Ontario, Canada a suburb of Toronto.

Name of band: 
King Beez.

Who else is in your band? 
Adam Bandit, Magic Mike, Johnny I.

How would you describe yourselves? 
We are a metal influenced instrumental surfpunk band.

Who are your main influences musically?
Link Wray, Dick Dale, Judas Priest, Ramones, Beach Boys, Scorpions, Quentin Tarrantino, Dennis Hopper, Roky Erickson, Alice Cooper.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I hope to be able to play, record and write music as much as possible for the rest of my life, no matter what. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The highlight of my career has been being able to stay indie and control my own everything and basically do, write and release anything I want to whenever I want to.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I don't forget things. Mistakes and bad experiences teach you things.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why? 
Deathproof - because it's powerful and fast.

Where can we listen to it? 
All songs can be found at youtube.com/mattgroopie

Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
It's about having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment