Monday 21 January 2013

Victoria Smith Q&A


Your name: 
Victoria Smith.

Where are you from? 
Massachusetts, USA.

How would you describe yourself? 
That's the question of the day - what is my genre? Neither me, nor my band, nor my fans can really categorize my music into one specific genre... it's a blend of rock with some country twists, a little bit 'singer/songwriter' with pop hooks.

Who are your main influences musically? 
I have SO many influences. Just a few are: Jeff Buckley, Stevie Nicks, Shawn Colvin, U2, The Cranberries, Marie Digby, Muse, OneRepublic, Michelle Branch, Counting Crows, Elton John, Jonatha Brooke, Jump Little Children, Alana Davis, Alanis Morissette, Neil Diamond, Train, Radiohead, Pete Yorn, Carly Simon, Alana Grace, Lissie, Tracy Chapman, Tom Petty, Simon & Garfunkel, Saving Jane, and so many more…

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I hope to sustain this profession and become a full-time musician. To make a living doing what I love.... writing, singing, performing, recording.... would be my own
definition of 'success'.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Meeting and working with so many talented and professional musicians in Boston, MA.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I had a horrible solo performance one night- you have good days and bad days, ya know? I'm hard on myself, so it's hard for me to just write it off.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why?
I have two singles released to the public right now 'Afraid of You' and 'Around the Corner' - these two songs represent the rock/country cross-over vibe that I love.

Where can we listen to it? 

Where can we find out more about your music?
Official website: www.victoria-smith.com
Purchase my tunes:

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
My debut studio album will be released in early 2013! I look forward to sharing it with all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment