Wednesday 6 March 2013

Silent Sleep Q&A

Your name:
Christopher McIntosh.

Where are you from?
I'm from Liverpool, England.

Name of band:
Silent Sleep.

Who else is in your band?
When playing live Silent Sleep can include some or all of these fine people: Graham Jones (Bass/Singing), Claire Heaslip (Glockenspiel/Harmonium/Singing), John Gibbons (Trumpet/Percussion), Olly Gorman (Percussion/Banjo/Singing), David Johnson (Electric Guitar), Elaine Sykes(Violin), Jim Fitzpatrick(Percussion) and Ria Fell (Piano).

How would you describe yourselves?
Melancholic, sometimes orchestral, sometimes dramatic, miserable but not whiny.

Who are your main influences musically?
The Wedding Present, The Flaming Lips, Billy Bragg, Low, Talking Heads, XTC, Elliot Smith.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'd like to travel and play really great gigs to as many good people as possible in many different countries.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Playing Glastonbury with one of my other bands, 28 Costumes, in 2008. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't want to forget any of it, really. Even the bad bits are still either funny or make for a good story.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I think it would be Walk Me To The Sea. It's my favourite song (of my own songs). I guess I'm just pretty proud of it…I really like the chord changes although they're absolutely simple and if I had to choose one song to represent me when I die I think it would be this one.

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?
Twitter: @silentsleepish or Facebook or if you're quick you can pledge on our new album! http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/silentsleepliverpool

No comments:

Post a Comment