Sunday 21 April 2013

I Was Once A Dinosaur Q&A


Your name: 
Matt Beauchamp.

Where are you from? 
North Walsham in Norfolk, England. 

Name of band:
I Was Once a Dinosaur.

Who else is in your band?
Isaac Crass.

How would you describe yourselves? 
We're an eccentric comedy duo who write silly songs and have fun.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Both of us have a pretty wide taste in music and I think we draw influences from everywhere to be honest. We don't really tend to think about stuff like that when we're writing, we just go with whatever comes out I guess! 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
We do it purely for the love of playing music. All though it would be nice, I don't think either of us are expecting it to ever go anywhere. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I'm pretty sure we would both agree on when we went down to Cambridgeshire for a battle of the bands. We were up against a lot of really good acts, most of which were full bands and we still managed to come third place despite my guitar being completely out of tune. It was the most we'd ever travelled for a gig at the time so it was all really exciting and we camped out in a friends back garden afterwards as well which was cool.
And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There's been a few awkward gigs where people just really haven't understood us or our sense of humor but I wouldn't say I want to forget them as we learn what works and what doesn't from every gig we play and it's just character building in general I guess.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
White Van Man is usually the one I send in when we enter competitions and things like that just because it's probably the funniest one, lyrically, but it's definitely not my favourite one we've written and there are a lot of better ones on our new album which is coming out in May this year. 

Where can we listen to it? 




Where can we find out more about your music?
Best place to go is our facebook: www.facebook.com/iwoad and if you go on the 'about' section you'll find links to all our other sites. 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
We have a brand new full length album called 'Chicken Pie' coming out on the May 20th which will be available for download on our bandcamp: www.iwasonceadinosaur.bandcamp.com as well as physical copies which will be available from our bigcartel: www.iwasonceadinosaur.bigcartel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment