Tuesday 14 May 2013

Collette Andrea Q&A


Your name:
Collette Andrea.

Where are you from?
Toronto, Canada.

How would you describe yourself?
Independent acoustic artist.

Who are your main influences musically?
Cat Power, Led Zeppelin, Bessie Smith, Etta James, Nina Simone, Amy Winehouse, Neil Young, The Doors.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
My main goal in music is to be able to support my self enough financially to being able to tour the world, collaborate with many artist from around the world, and find a way to bridge social work and community development and music together. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career so far has been working with some exceptional photographers. I had the chance to work with the very talented Lisa MacIntosh from Toronto, who was just amazing to work with. Her work captures the true and natural beauty of many local artist in Toronto, and I am more than thankful to have connected with her on so many levels. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
The moment I want to forget...not sure I have any of those so far, but I am sure that they will come to me soon!

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would probably choose my song "In The Morning" just because the sound is more the direction that I am moving towards with my new album.  

Where can we listen to it?
You can check out the song here https://soundcloud.com/colletteandrea/in-the-morning.  
I have recently released my Luna EP which can be found on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/colletteandrea/sets/luna-ep-1
Please stay tuned for my album, which is anticipated release in late summer/fall 2013.



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Thank you so much for the interest in me and my music, I look forward to hearing back from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment