Monday 13 May 2013

Dave McPherson Q&A


Your name:
Dave McPherson.

Where are you from?
Brentwood, Essex, England.

Who else is in your band?
Just me. My live band currently consists of Simon Taylor on drums, Mike Curtis on bass and Gazz Marlow on lead guitar and backing vocals.

How would you describe yourselves?
Passionate and melodic acoustic music.

Who are your main influences musically?
A massive varied range over the years. Artists that instantly come to mind are Talk Talk, Counting Crows, Loudon Wainwright III, Queen, Deftones, Iron Maiden, Tears for Fears & loads of orchestral music!

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Just to continue playing music and being fortunate enough to call it my living! I'm happy with what I've achieved so far but I'm ambitious & willing to work like a horse but only time will tell where things will end up!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
So many highlights over the years! Sonisphere 2011 with my band InMe was amazing. It was a pinnacle event that felt like the culmination of years of hard work. Completing this album felt special, it's definitely my proudest effort.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There's been some dark times in and no doubt there will be again but they've all been part of the journey and have shaped where I am today, which is a good & exciting place! I guess any show I sucked at but even they're necessary in order to learn and grow.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Probably Spring: Hearts need blood from The Hardship Diaries. I wrote it in 2007 and still play it every show to this day.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Check this out if you like my stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment