Monday 27 May 2013

Erik's Own Q&A

Your name: 
Erik McCall.

Where are you from?  
Paisley but based in Dunfermline, Scotland.

Name of band:
Erik's Own or Erik McCall.

Who else is in your band?
Sometimes I have worked with Gareth Evans and Di Lee.

How would you describe yourself?
Erik's Own is mainly instrumental eclectic mix of music varied from classical to rock, ambient to dance.    

Who are your main influences musically?
Mike Oldifeld, Mark Knopfler, Vangelis, Jean Michel-Jarre, Enya, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Amy Winehouse.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to be known for my instrumental music, to have my music included in part of a film or TV show. I believe that I can write soundtracks for TV or films. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Performing live with Di Lee in London in April 2013, we played cover songs and some original music or hers and my won.  It was a great experience and would like to do it more often.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
The embarrassing moments that happens to every musician. Playing the wrong note or playing in a different time from other musicians. These things do happen but always try to ensure these don't happen to often. 

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Another World. It's a song that I wrote in 1997 that has gone through a number of changes, originally recorded by my previous group EASE in 2009 and was performed live with Di Lee in April 2013 (this is included on my YouTube page).  It's a song that is both literal and metaphoric and intimate at the same time. It's about being with another person who is able to make that other person special.  It doesn't have to be a person it can be a place or time and a lot of people tend to like this song. I hope to rerecord sometime this year.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Erik's Own (or Erik McCall) is hoping to be known in 2013 and is in fact part of a film called Being Independent which is to highlight independent artists who need a voice in this day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment