Wednesday 8 May 2013

Gary Gardner Q&A


Your name
Gary Gardner.

Where are you from? 
Liverpool but now live in Burscough, Lancashire (not so far from Liverpool).

How would you describe yourself? 
Singer/songwriter and indie folk solo artist, although some stuff I write slips out of this genre I think this is my pigeon hole.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Vast over the decades, early years 70's/80's Pink Floyd/Genesis/The Christians, 90's Shed Seven/Dodgy/Stereophonics/Feeder , these days I'm glad to see Dodgy back, always a big influence and Henry Priestman (The Christians), his solo work inspires some of my writing.

What do you hope to achieve in music
Honestly I don't know... I'm sure everyone would secretly wish for a big hit that gets sung all over the world, but at the moment I'm just glad of any recognition.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I wouldn't use the word career just yet as I do have a day job, but performing with Henry Priestman sits at the top for now.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Don't want to forget it as you learn from mistakes but being told you have a gig/festival booking and then the week before being left off the running order without any notice, only to call the organiser and find he just 'forgot' and then offers to play in the cafe before the gig....well that's up there at the top of disappointments.

If you were asked to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why
HumanKind - my songs tend to be story based, this song more than others, so much so I removed the chorus (odd I know) but it made the story flow better (I think).

Where can we listen to it (direct link)? 




Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Have a few gigs coming up soon Including Festival OF Firsts 2013, check out Facebook for details, and thanks to RealSoundsOk.

No comments:

Post a Comment