Thursday 9 May 2013

Nikky Tyler Q&A


Your name:
Nikky Tyler. 

Where are you from?
Originally from Booneville Kentucky, but currently living in Richmond.

Name of band:
I am a guitarist and songwriter in Hard Sunday (classic rock), but I am also currently working on a solo album as well. 

Who else is in your band?
Glen Van Dell (bass) Bobby Ward (vocals) Sean Pixley (drums) Wild Bill Tussey (guitar).

How would you describe yourselves?
Hard Sunday is a group of best friends that has been together five years, playing classic rock n' roll. We're a partying, rock n' roll machine!
As for myself, I'm kind of the revved up puppy of the group. Let me out of the cage and watch me go! There's no telling what I'll do. 

Who are your main influences musically?
My main influences are Green Day, Aerosmith, the Black Crowes, Social Distortion, the Clash, and Steve Earle.  As a solo artist, I probably sound like a combination of Bruce Springsteen and Social Distortion, or something like that anyway!

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'm in it to just affect as many people positively as I can. With the band, we've did some cool stuff like shot a music video, and open up for Lita Ford and Bret Michaels, but I'm really just in it for self expression and the smiles. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career is definitely opening for Bret Michaels, as he is one of my heroes and a legend in the music biz. I'm a HUGE Poison fan. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Well, coming back from a show one night I got in a pretty bad car accident. I wasn't really physically hurt, but I had trouble sleeping and a lot of symptoms associated with bad anxiety. I don't want anyone to go through that. It's awful. 

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
My favorite song I've ever written is one we're working on recording with both groups called Another Morning. It's just a song wanting the bad times to go away and have a new beginning. I think that's a really important lesson. In Hard Sunday, it's a song called Neon Lights, which is the first song we wrote together. It's a song talking about how we don't care if you're rich, poor, black, white, or purple, just come out and have a good time and leave all the dumb stuff you have going on in your life behind. 

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
I'm just a guy who loves music and wants to influence others as much as my heroes have influenced me. Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment