Sunday 19 May 2013

Odessa Q&A

Your name: 
My name is Richard John Lardner.
 
Where are you from? 

I live in a big city in England called Birmingham, I've lived here all my life.
 
Name of band:

The band I sing for is called Odessa.
 
Who else is in your band? 

Jay and Conor play guitar, Tom plays bass and Simon plays drums.
 
How would you describe yourselves? 

As people I would confidently say we're easy going people, there's no attitudes, no egos at all. Musically I would say we're heavy, angry, loud and fast!
 
Who are your main influences musically? 

Our influences musically differ a lot, for my personally I listen to a lot of different stuff. Stuff like Turnover, The Story So Far, Stick To Your Guns etc
 
What do you hope to achieve in music? 

For me the most important thing is to perform music that we have created. It's the most amazing feeling when people connect with something you have created, it's overwhelming to say the least when you play and kids know the words and go crazy for you!
 
What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 

This band has allowed me to see a lot of places and meet a lot of people that I would never have got the chance to if it wasn't for music. We released an album earlier this year which is everything the band has been working towards since the birth of Odessa back in 2010. A huge moment for me was when we drove to Spain for our first ever out of UK show and people knew the words, it was the most incredible feeling ever.
 
And what’s the moment you want to forget? 

With this band there are no moments I want to forget, even the bad stuff like breaking down or little arguments I will never forget. They are all just pieces of the past that has lead us to where we are today.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I think Carry The Weight represents us well, it's a good balance of heavy and melodic and demonstrates what we do perfectly. 
Where can we listen to it? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqP5MdappqQ



Where can we find out more about your music?
Facebook - www.facebook.com/ukodessa
Twitter - www.twitter.com/ukodessa
Official Site - www.odessaofficial.co.uk
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/odessband
iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/carry-the-weight/id585309225


Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Thank you for reading this and if you're a fan of what we do thank you for sticking with us, if you're new to Odessa we hope you dig what we do and hope to see you at a show in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment