Sunday 19 May 2013

Page 44 Q&A


Your name: 
Adam Vygus everyone calls me Viggy though.

Where are you from? 
I'm from Redditch near Birmingham. 

Name of band:
Page 44. 

Who else is in your band? 
Adam Stanford - Vocals and Guitar, Zach Phelps - Bass, Jay Brown - Drums. 

How would you describe yourselves? 
We are a pop/rock four piece, that love hooks and harmonies.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Individually we all have very different tastes and it leads to quite a unique sound. Personally I grew up on Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel so they got me into music, R.E.M made we want to pick up an instrument and sing but the likes of Jimmy Eat World, InMe, Goo Goo dolls and most pop punk bands really got me into music and have influenced my input into songs. 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Well I would like to be able to make a living from it, not looking to get rich just be able to pay the bills. I love performing and writing songs. As long as I still enjoy it I will carry it on though! 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Probably playing to tens of thousands when we opened the Download Festival second stage last year just because of the sheer scale of it! That or when we played the main stage at Birmingham O2 Academy on the Blackout tour. It's a place we grew up watching bands thinking one day we will be on that stage! The crowd were awesome for us too, made me a little emotional it meant that much. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
We did a gig in Dundee once and we all had a little too much to drink before we went on, so the performance was pretty awful and I did a great rockstar lunge and split my jeans from knee to crotch and did the rest of the show with everything hanging out! 

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I think it would be Answers. It's the one that helped us win Red Bull Bedroom Jam and the one that the fans seem to love the most. On our recent tour most of the crowds were singing it back to us which is a great feeling!  

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music? 
The album is now out on itunes or you can get it from us direct www.page44.bigcartel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment