Wednesday 5 June 2013

Cosmic Crash Q&A

Your name:
Danny Meyers.

Where are you from?
Montreal, Quebec.

Name of band:
Cosmic Crash.

Who else is in your band?
Currently I am the only band member since I am a singer songwriter but I have co lyricized with an associate for a few of my recent tunes by the name of Julius Lovaghy, who I have worked on and off with for almost 30 years (yikes).

How would you describe yourselves?
Hmmm… I am a songwriter / bass player who has learned to sing and play several instruments over the years so that I could more easily write / record as the inspiration hits. My style is sort of a mix of alternative rock with a twist of country. It is what it is. I just let it happen and take me where it will … to that dream-like almost out of body state and feeling and exhilaration that comes when you first get a song idea and begin to try and pull it out of your head. Of course that’s the challenge because it’s always perfect in your mind’s eye (or ear) and as you try to make it a reality the result is often less perfect than you dream.

Who are your main influences musically?
In some ways I am a musical recluse and do not really follow any one band or style but I guess I’d have to list the Byrds, Simon & Garfunkel, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Alice Copper, Frank Zappa, April Wine, Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Early U2, the Police, Echo & the Bunnymen, Simple Minds, Match Box 20, Coldplay, even though many of these bands are nothing like what I do they all added something to my musical subconscious as do so many other great acts, commercial or Indie.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I would love to see what one of my tunes could become if a polished act would run with it and take to a level I can’t on my own. Other than that I simply strive to create great songs that I can be proud of and, if I’m lucky, that people will listen to. Not caring about making money or what industry “big shooters” feel about my music, like I used to when I was much younger, has freed me to just enjoy writing and creating for the pure pleasure, challenge and sense of accomplishment it offers.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Always the last song I just finished writing and recording! And most importantly, the people I’ve met and friends I’ve made.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There are no moments to forget because even the failures and disappointments bring learning’s and experiences that make me who I am.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Hardest question of all! The song that best represents me has yet to be written but I would say some of my latest tunes like “Crying Shame” or “Hurts So Bad” are a good representation of where I am today. Tomorrow, who knows?

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?
I’m on Twitter, Facebook, Reverbnation and Myspace. Just search Cosmic Crash music on Google and you’ll find me.

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Not that I can think of… I’ve probably said too much already!

No comments:

Post a Comment