Wednesday 19 June 2013

Jason Terry Q&A

Your name: 
Jason Terry.

Where are you from?  
Oneida, Tennessee, US.

Who else is in your band?  
Various musicians. 

How would you describe yourself?
This is the most common question I get asked. I would say 'eclectic' because I don't try to fit a certain style. I was raised in the hills of East Tennessee an grew up listening to mostly country music, but have multiple artists from various genres that have influenced me along the way.

Who are your main influences musically?
Wow! It's truly hard to pin point, but I've been influenced by George Jones, Travis Tritt, and Lynyrd Skynyrd to name a few.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Obviously I want to be able to have a long successful career, as I think any focused artist wants. But, my biggest goal is to continue to write songs that people can relate to. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I was playing a writers night in Nashville and Uncle Kracker was sitting at the bar. Afterwards, he introduced himself and I got to just sit and talk with him. That was pretty cool to see that there are still superstars that are down to earth.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
During a radio interview for an independent station, they were ahead of schedule and said that I could play another song. I had just finished a song the night before, but while playing it I forgot the words!

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would have to say the new single, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS. When I went back into the studio I wanted to release a song that represented where I can from. I feel that the song paints a picture of what it was and is like living in the hills of Tennessee.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
I feel truly blessed to be able to write and sing. I think the "fans" - I like to call them family - that have stood behind me are amazing. I look forward to see new faces in the crowd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment