Tuesday 2 July 2013

Prevrat Q&A

Your name: 
Prevrat aka Ric Gordon.

Where are you from? 
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.

Name of band:
Prevrat.

Who else is in your band? 
Just me.

How would you describe yourself? 
I blend influences from electronic, post-punk and new wave into music ranging from catchy synthpop..., to indie rock.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Velvet Underground, The Jam, XTC, Psychedelic Furs, Ultravox, The Clash

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Just hope to continue to get my music out to a wider audience.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The highlight so far has been the reception to my sophomore album Symbols that was released April 9th. It has been featured on over 30 blogs and the list is growing.  The biggest blog so far has been Decoder. That is all very cool.
And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I don't remember.

If you were asked to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
That's really hard as my music has two distinct sides. On the electronic side it would be With Our Eyes Closed and on the guitar side it would be I You Two.

Where can we listen to it? 
You can stream my album "Symbols" at: http://prevrat.bandcamp.com. You can download the album for Name Your Price. Put in 0 to download for free.



Where can we find out more about your music? 
Besides the Bandcamp link above, you can find out more at http://facebook.com/prevrat and at my label http://russianwinterrecords.com.

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
Just that I hope your readers enjoy my music and a big thanks to you for give me this plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment