Tuesday 10 September 2013

Corinne Q&A

Your name:
Corinne Gibbons.

Where are you from?
I’m originally a North Wales girl and always will be at heart! But now currently living in Manchester and absolutely loving it! I love the city life and have really settled in here, everyone is so supportive and the music scene is so close knit, everyone knows everyone it’s great!

How would you describe yourselves?
I would describe myself as super happy and on a hype pretty much 24/7. I’m constantly laughing and I apparently have a very infectious laugh… not sure if that’s a good thing or not really! I’m a big crazy, nerd deep down!

Who are your main influences musically?
In terms of my new production sound, The Weeknd inspired me a lot as I love the full band yet urban feel that he portrays, which is a similar route to what I have followed. A lot of my new sound is really big sounding and full of choral harmonies, which has been influenced from my choir background, where I had been a soprano singer from the age of around 9. In terms of lyrics and emotion, they have come from my own life experiences that I express through songwriting, a lot of it being quite abstract and meaning the total opposite to what people first think. My passion for music has definitely come from my dad, also a singer/songwriter and guitarist, who has encouraged me to sing and write songs from an early age and continues to encourage and support me today.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
My aim with music is to continue expressing myself through my songs and performances and share it with like-minded people who also enjoy and relate to my music. I want to earn a living doing what I love the most and live my life knowing that I’m living it to the fullest and making the most of every minute. I believe in positive energy and that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.  

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career so far has definitely got to be recording my EP at Edge Studios in Cheshire. It is unbelievable the amount of work that has gone into it from the whole team involved and how emotional the whole process has been. I have always written my own songs to acoustic guitar, so to hear it gradually progressing each day and hear the final product a completely new, professional sound was just mesmerising. When I walked out of the studio with my EP and played it in my car I literally burst into tears I was that pleased with it, just couldn’t believe that they were actually my songs! The only way to describe it was like I had just made a baby! Money can’t buy that sort of happiness! I was also lucky enough to sing at The Stone Roses book launch presented by Terry Christian at Gorilla with The Drunken Munks, which was an amazing experience to celebrate the release of Ian Tilton’s photography book.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I think I’ve been quite lucky so far with my experiences, I can’t say I’ve had that much of a bad one yet. There’s of course the obvious things like forgetting your words and I’ve sang a few times with not much of a voice and not sounded great at all but all in all they have been great so far… so I’ve got the worst to look forward to! But it’s all a learning curve and I’ll take anything that’s thrown at me!

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
It would be my song called ‘Own The World’, which is also the name of my debut EP. The new version of this song is actually probably the most different to the rest of the EP, but it represents me as an artist well. The song is really about me finally finding myself and understanding who I want to be in life. It was the first time that I had actually felt really positive about my future, but it’s also saying that I am positive, but I will also find it hard to trust people unless they can prove themselves to me.

Where can we listen to it?
You can listen to my original acoustic recordings at www.soundcloud.com/corinnegibbons, however you will see my new music video of my debut single very soon, so keep your eyes peeled - and my EP will follow.



Where can we find out more about your music?
My Facebook page is www.facebook.com/CORINNEMUSIC , twitter www.twitter.com/corinnegibbons , instagram @corinnegibbons and soundcloud www.soundcloud.com/corinnegibbons

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Just that I’m always looking to help people out and love networking and collaborating, so if you want to know more about me or work with me then feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you as quick as I possibly can! And thank you so much for sending me your interview, it has been an absolute honour!  :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment